BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
Great pizzas start with the best dough - so why not use Italy’s highest rated pizza flour? This makes light dough with a perfect rise. Ideal for Neapolitan-style pizzas.
- Pour the water into a jug and stir in the yeast until it has dissolved. Add the flour to a bowl then stir in the salt. Add the olive oil and, using a spoon, stir everything together to form a soft dough.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, then tip onto a clean work surface and knead for 7 to 8 minutes until smooth.
- Once you’ve kneaded the dough, place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rise for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- When the dough has risen, knock back and divide it into 3 equal sized balls.
- Take one piece and roll it into a round, shaping as you roll, until it measures around 20cm in diameter. Spread with your desired toppings.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the crust is done to your liking – every oven will bake differently, so keep an eye on it
- Spread with your desired toppings – we love Cobble Lane Pancetta, Buffalo Ricotta and fresh basil.