BBQ LAMB KOFTAS & FOOL-PROOF FLAT BREAD
Lamb koftas are a firm favourite of many Middle Eastern food enthusiasts.
For the Flatbread
- Mix the Greek yogurt, flour and baking powder together in a large bowl, then leave to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into 8, and roll into 8 balls.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Roll out your first flatbread to about the size of a side plate – use flour on the work surface to stop the dough sticking.
- When the pan is really hot, lay the flatbread in the pan and cook for 20 seconds, or until the flatbread is covered in light brown spots.
- Flip the flatbread over and cook on the other side as above.
- While the first flatbread is cooking, roll out the second flatbread, so it’s ready to go.
- Put the cooked flatbread on a plate and repeat the process, until all the flatbreads are cooked.
For the lamb koftas
- Grill the koftas on a barbecue for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a seasonal salad and mint yogurt.