Broccoli & Stilton Soup
From resident Wellocks chef Martin Evans.
This soup is rich and flavourful with the salty tang of Cropwell Bishop stilton, perfectly served with a fresh crusty loaf to dip, dunk and mop up every last morsel.
- 1 head of Broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g Estate Dairy unsalted cultured butter
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 500ml Estate Dairy Guernsey double cream
- 300g Cropwell Bishop stilton
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
Add to Cart
You can add all the main ingredients, if they are in stock, to your cart for an effortless way to re-produce this recipe.
- In a thick bottomed pan, melt the butter along with a little oil and add the Broccoli, onion, potato and garlic. Gently sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock along with cream and simmer until the potatoes and broccoli are soft. Roughly chop 250g of the cheese, add to the pan and remove from heat.
- Using a food blender or liquidiser blitz the contents of the pan until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with a few chunks of blue cheese, a drizzle of good quality olive oil and a crusty loaf of fresh bread.
Serve and enjoy!