BRUSSEL SPROUTS, COBBLE LANE PANCETTA & SHAVED CHESTNUTS
- Place a saucepan of water on to boil and season well with salt.
- Place the Brussel sprouts into the boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until almost cooked - they want to still have a slight bite to them and you can check this with a small knife.
- Heat a non stick pan and add a splash of olive oil, add the pancetta and cook well to release the fats and flavour. Add the diced shallots and cook for a further minute.
- Drain the Brussel sprouts once cooked, place them into a tea towel to pat dry so there is no excess moisture left in them.
- Place the Brussel sprouts into the pan with the pancetta and shallots. Add the butter and roll the pan around to coat the Brussel sprouts - you are only reheating the sprouts at this stage. Then season with white pepper.
- Time to place the Brussel Sprouts into your serving dish and finish with a shaving of chestnuts over the top.
Serve and enjoy.