CASTELFRANCO, PLUM & STILTON SALAD RECIPE
CASTELFRANCO WITH VICTORIA PLUM AND CROPWELL BISHOP STILTON DRESSING
By Leigh Myers, resident chef at Wellocks at Home. For any questions on how to cook the ingredients in your Best of British Selection, tweet Leigh @wellockshome #AskChefLeigh.
- Beat the blue cheese in a bowl until smooth & fold in the yoghurt and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place to one side until required.
- Carefully remove the leaves from the head of the castelfranco with your fingers until you reach the small inner heart – gently break with your hands.
- Wash the leaves in cold water, drain thoroughly, and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Using a sharp knife, cut in half following the seam to the stone, then gently grip each half and twist apart. Pull out the stone or ease out with the tip of the knife, then thinly slice lengthways.
- To assemble, place the leaves onto a large plate. Drizzle the stilton dressing over the leaves, then scatter the sliced plums and roasted cashews. This salad is delicious on its own or eaten with meat or fish.