CORN WITH CHEF DE PARIS BUTTER & PARMIGIANO REGGIANO
There’s nothing better than barbecue corn in the husk – especially when it’s covered with flavourful butter and salty cheese.
For the butter
250g Estate Dairy unsalted cultured butter, cubbed
60g shallots, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 pinch dry mixed herbs
1 tsp ground pepper
25g fresh parsley
25g fresh chives
4 Anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
1 tbsp brandy
1 tbsp madeira, or port
15g dijon mustard
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 small lemon, freshly zested
1 small orange, freshly zested
- Place all the ingredients, except the butter in a bowl. Cover and leave on the bench to marinate overnight.
- The next day, blend the butter and herb mix gradually, so that it combines evenly.
- Roll in cling film or grease proof paper in a cylinder shape and twist the ends like a Christmas cracker and refrigerate until needed.
- Pull the husks back from each ear of corn and remove silks. Using kitchen string, tie husks together at the end of each ear to form a handle.
- When the barbeque is medium-hot flame, grill the corn, turning frequently for about 5 mins (or partially cooked). Brush with softened chef de paris butter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue grilling, rotating frequently, and brushing with more butter until corn is a deep brown and tender. Serve with remaining parmesan cheese.