PAUL HEATHCOTES CREAM OF DELICA PUMPKIN SOUP WITH SAGE
This wonderful recipe is by Paul Heathcote and is the perfect Halloween themed dish using Delica pumpkins. Paired with sage to create fantastic comforting flavours, have some warm crusty bread at the ready to savour every last mouthful.
500g Delica pumpkin
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 litre of chicken stock
1 tbsp Billington's caster sugar
1 level tbsp of corn flour
150ml Guernsey double cream
50g Estate Dairy salted butter
Sage for decoration
- Skin the pumpkin and cut into large pieces. Place in a hot pan with a little olive oil for about three minutes until lightly coloured.
- Add the chicken stock, onion and sugar, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the pumpkin and onion are cooked.
- Add the cream and bring back to the boil. Mix the cornflour with one and half tablespoons of water, and stir in.
- Allow to cool a little before placing in a liquidiser with the butter and process for about one minute.
- Return to the pan and add the finely chopped sage. Bring to the boil and season with freshly milled pepper and sea salt as necessary and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a few sage leaves.