CREMÉ BRULÉE WITH RASPBERRIES
The perfect showcase for Oakchurch raspberries by Leigh Myers, resident chef at Wellocks at Home. For any questions on how to cook the ingredients in your Best of British Selection, tweet Leigh @wellockshome #AskChefLeigh
175ml Guernsey double cream
60ml The Estate Dairy milk
1 vanilla pod seeds removed
4 Cracklebean egg yolks
50g Billingtons caster sugar
50g Demerara sugar
punnet of Oakchurch raspberries
100g Billingtons caster sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 120ºC.
- Whisk together the cream, milk, vanilla, eggs and sugar.
- Place the raspberries into the 4 ramekins and then pour over the Crème Brûlée. Move into a tray with water that comes halfway up the ramekins.
- Cook for 45 minutes in the oven then leave to cool.
- Chill the Crème Brûlée in the fridge for 1 hour.
For the caramel topping
- Place the caster sugar into a pan and allow it to slowly melt. Cook until you get a nice golden colour and pour onto a tray to cool and set hard.
- Once cooled, crack and place into a food processor, then blitz into a powder. Place in the freezer until required.
- Once the Crème Brûlée is set, dust well with the caramel powder and blow torch until golden.