FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £40
Crushed Jersey Royals, garden peas, feves, poached cacklebean egg and chorizo crumb.
By Wellocks Resident Chef Martin Evans
Rabet Jersey Royals are renowned for their authentic taste and are a favourite for some of the countries top chefs. This dish showcases their naturally salty taste and has been perfectly paired with the famous rich golden yolks of Cacklebean eggs.
- 2 Cacklebean eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 500g Rabet Jersey Royal Potatoes, from this week's Best in Season Selection
- 60g garden peas, fresh or frozen
- 60g broad beans, shelled, fresh or frozen
- 100g Estate Dairy salted cultured butter
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 40g breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
To make the chorizo crumb
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Roast the chorizo for 5-8 minutes until crispy.
3. Drain any excess fat from the chorizo and place into a food processor with the bread crumbs and a
pinch of salt.
4. Blend until you have a breadcrumb-like texture. Set to one side until required.
To make the potatoes, peas and feves
1. Wash the potatoes under cold water, removing any dirt and the majority of the skin.
2. Place into a pan of boiling salted water and cook until soft.
3. Cook the peas and feves in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and set to one side.
4. Melt the butter in a pan and add the potatoes. Crush with a large spoon, add half the peas, feves,
season with salt and pepper, then mix together.
5. Place a small round pastry cutter onto each plate and divide the potato mixture between them to
create a cylinder.
Poaching the eggs
1. Bring a small, but deep pan of water to a rolling boil and add the white wine vinegar.
2. Crack the eggs into the water and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and set to one side.
1. Remove the cutters from around the potatoes.
2. Place an egg into the centre of each potato cylinder.
3. Spoon the chorizo crumb onto the egg.
4. Place the remaining peas and feves around the dish to decorate.
Serve and enjoy!