Dark Chocolate Tart
600g Dark chocolate drops
390ml Double cream
180ml Whole milk
3 eggs lightly beaten
For the pastry
125g unsalted butter
90g caster sugar
250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
Buy all the basics here!
1. To make the pastry, place the butter and sugar into a food processor until combined. Add the egg and mix for 30 seconds.
2. Add the flour and mix until the dough comes together. Knead lightly on a floured surface, wrap in cling film and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick, line a 24cm diameter fluted tart tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170c.
4. Blind bake the case till edges are golden in colour, remove the baking beans/rice and bake until the base is golden and set aside.
5. Place the chocolate in a bowl, set aside. Bring cream and milk to the simmer in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the chocolate, stand until the chocolate melts, stir to combine, cool slightly and stir in the beaten egg.
6. Reduce the oven to 130c. Pour chocolate mixture into the tart and bake until just set with a slight wobble in centre (30-35 minutes) Set aside to cool, serve at room temperature.
Serve with vanilla ice-cream and soft berries.