GLAZED PARSNIPS IN GOLDEN SYRUP
1 tbsp Estate Dairy Unsalted Butter
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
salt and white pepper
- Turn on your oven to 180°C.
- Top, tail and peel your parsnips then cut into quarters.
- Place into a saucepan filled with cold water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring the pan up to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until your parsnips are par-boiled but still slightly firm.
- Drain the parsnips and allow to dry out, this helps them become nice and crispy when cooked.
- Place an oven proof pan with a metal handle onto a medium heat with a little olive oil.
- Ensure the pan is nice and hot before you begin to place the parsnips into the pan.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Add a tbsp of butter to the pan and allow the parsnips to begin to colour.
- Then add the golden syrup to the pan and glaze over the parsnips with a spoon.
- Place into the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden and caramelised.
Serve and enjoy.