LEIGH'S PERFECT CHRISTMAS SAUCE
100g button mushrooms, sliced
2 shallots, finely chopped
25g Estate Dairy unsalted cultured butter
1 bay leaf
1 sprig of thyme
200ml white wine
300ml chicken stock
300ml beef stock
- In a pan add the butter, shallots, bay leaf, thyme and mushroom. Cook until all the water has evaporated and the mushroom are beginning to stick to the pan, but not burning.
- Add the white wine and reduce until sticky.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and reduce by two thirds.
- Now add the beef stock and reduce until you have a sauce like consistency.
- Check the seasoning and pass through a sieve.
- Serve your sauce to accompany your festive feast.