MACARONI AND BLUE CHEESE
Beautiful British stilton meets mac and cheese. This midweek meal makes a divine, midweek supper.
200g fresh macaroni
1 red onion, finely diced
200g tenderstem broccoli
100g Cobble Lane Pancetta, cut into lardons
30g walnuts, crumbled
50g Cropwell Bishop Stilton, crumbled
1 tbsp Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A generous pinch of Maldon Sea Salt
30g The Estate Dairy Unsalted Cultured Butter
30g Wessex Mill Plain Flour
400ml The Estate Diary Guernsey Whole Milk
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Heat a wide based pan with olive oil. When hot, add the pancetta and onion. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the pancetta is crispy and the onion is soft. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add the broccoli stalks to a pot of salted boiling water with plenty of salt for 4 minutes, then add the pasta and broccoli florets and cook for a further 3 minutes. Reserve 400ml of the water, then drain the pasta and broccoli.
- Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook (whilst stirring) for around 4-5 minutes to lose any raw flour taste. Add the milk and continue stirring until the sauce is smooth and thick, which should take at least 4 minutes.
- Add the stilton and pancetta, onion and broccoli and pasta to the sauce.
- Transfer to an oven dish and top with walnuts. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.