- 4 Avocado
- 1 small red chilli deseeded and chopped small (alternatively pinch of chilli flakes)
- 4 Arlington white eggs
- 2 fresh limes (juice only)
- Nice sourdough or Jackson bloomer bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 20g chopped coriander
- Splash white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Place the Avocado in a pestle and motor or alternatively a bowl and add the chilli, lime juice, coriander, splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mash with a folk to the desired consistency it can be as chunky or as smooth as you like, place to one side till required.
- Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to the boil, add a splash of white wine vinegar.
- Stir the water a little to create a swirl and crack your egg into the water, cook for 3/4 minutes, whilst this is happening place your piece of bread under the grill or in the toaster.
- Spread the smashed avocado onto your toast, lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on some kitchen paper. Place on top of the Avocado, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt on the eggs and a twist of black pepper.
You can get the eggs ready in advance by cooking as above and gently placing into iced cold water to cool and leave in the fridge. To reheat place back into hot water for a couple of minutes. Enjoy!