TOP TIPS FOR BARBECUING
The perfect BBQ starts with top-quality ingredients and a little know-how. Here are our top tips to help you get the most out of your delicious produce.
- Have meat at room temperature before cooking – Chefs call this ‘tempering’.
- Dry your meat and season the food well before cooking – this will help it to form a crust.
- Before cooking, heat the grill and use a wire brush to remove any burnt on food from the previous use.
- Oil the grill lightly with vegetable oil if necessary.
- Once food is seared and well coloured turn the heat down, or move to a cooler part of the grill to allow it to continue cooking without burning.
- Large pieces of meat will cook more evenly when covered.
- Don’t crowd the grill plate or food won’t cook evenly and will take longer
- Don’t prick meat or fish while cooking or the juice will run out and they will become dry.
- Avoid turning the food too often, once should be enough for small items.
- Rest meat well once it is removed from the grill – cover loosely with a clean cloth. This will give you a much juicier and more tender result.