Truffle and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large or 2 medium Ashcrofts cauliflower(s), about 1.2kg
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Potato peeled and chopped small
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 400ml whole milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml double cream
- 1tbsp truffle oil
1. Remove the green outer leaves from the cauliflowers and roughly chop. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan, then add in the chopped cauliflower, potato and onion.
2. Cover and sweat for about 10 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened but not coloured. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the milk with some seasoning and return to a simmer.
3. Now simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until all of the vegetables are soft. Add the cream and bring up to the boil then remove from the heat. Purée the soup using a liquidizer or hand-held blender until smooth.
4. When ready to serve drizzle a small amount of truffle oil on top and enjoy.