FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £40
WARM SALAD OF PICKLED CANDIED & GOLDEN BEETROOT, CHARRED SIRLOIN STEAK & DEVIL'S ROCK BLUE CHEESE
By Resident Chef Martin Evans
This delicious salad showcases the sweet earthy flavours of the candy and golden beetroot with the creamy rich Devil's Rock blue cheese from Pextenement Cheese Company and deliciously tender Sirloin Steaks from our butchers R&J Yorkshire's Finest.
- 200ml cider vinegar
- 75ml James White apple juice
- 200g Billington's golden caster sugar
- 1 candied beetroot from Remfresh in Ardleigh
- 1 golden beetroot
- 2 x 8oz Himalayan salt aged sirloin steaks from R&J Yorkshire's Finest Butchers
- 115g Devil's Rock blue cheese
- 4 Isle of Wight Beef tomatoes
- to garnish baby salad leaves
To make the pickling liquor
1. Place the cider vinegar, apple juice and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a simmer, making sure all of the sugar dissolves.
2. Leave to one side to cool to room temperature.
For the beetroots
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Wrap the beetroots in tin foil and place into the oven to cook for 50-60 minutes, until tender and you can pierce the beetroot with a knife.
3. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the skin. the beetroot.
4. Once skin has been removed cut the beetroots into a large cube then cut again to create 4 smaller cubes. Cut the small cubes on an angle to create small triangles.
5. Place the beetroot triangles into your pickling liquor and leave for one hour.
For the steak
1. Over hot coals or in a pan, cook your steak to your preferred liking then rest it for 5 minutes.
2. Whilst your steak is resting remove skin from cheese and pull off 6 small chunks.
1. Slice your steak into 5 strips and arrange on a plate in a zig-zag pattern.
2. Remove beetroots from pickling liquor and arrange in between the steak, crumble your cheese chunks over the top.
3. Finish off with some freshly sliced Isle of Wight tomatoes and baby salad leaves.
Most importantly..... ENJOY!