Best of British Selection
12 portions of specialty fruit and vegetables, from our little black book of the UK’s best growers. It really is the cream of the British crop.
Please note, as we work with small suppliers and want to make sure you get the finest produce out there, the contents of your box are subject to change at the last minute.
Here's an idea of what you can expect this week:
- 1 x Cauliflower
- 1 x Bunch of Large Heritage Carrots
- 2 x Red Cos Lettuce
- 1 x 150g Beans Fine Prepacked
- 1 x 1kg Courgettes
- 1 x 1kg Jersey Royal Potatoes
- 1 x 300g Isle of Wight Mixed Beef Tomatoes
- 1 x Bunch of Baby Leeks
- 1 x Bunch of Baby Candy Beetroots
- 1 x 125g Scottish Worcesterberries
- 1 x 113g Cobrey Blueberries
- 1 x 170g Oakchurch Raspberries
- 1 x Cauliflower
- The Rabet brothers gather seaweed from the coastline and spread it on the fields as a natural fertiliser for their Jersey Royal Potatoes, adding a sweet & salty taste meaning that you should not need to season these when cooking.
- Beautiful red cos lettuce from Lancashire. Our grower Matt is an ex-chef so knows what it takes to get fantastic produce. He champions his small-scale farming ensuring he has full control of how his produce is grown.
- The Isle of Wight's fertile soil and unique maritime climate is what has enabled our friends at the island's nurseries grow some of Britain’s tastiest tomatoes. These large, full-flavoured beefsteak tomatoes, perfect for stuffing or slicing.
- Grown in the rich, red soil of the Wye Valley at Oakchurch Fruit Farm for over 40 years, the Maravilla raspberry is renowned for its size and exceptional flavour. Remember to serve them at room temperature.
- A little sweeter, and less earthy than red beetroot, these baby candy beetroots are produced by a family-run business who’ve been growing vegetables for 40 years. They’re specialists in baby vegetables, and hand-pick each one to protect these delicate young roots.
- Hand-picked in Fife, Scotland these beautiful worcesterberries are somewhat tart, but sweeter than gooseberries.
- Field-fresh large heritage carrots from Evesham. These vibrant-coloured carrots are beautifully crisp, and deliver a sensationally sweet and tender taste once cooked.