PIMIENTOS DE PADRÓN
This popular Spanish tapas is simple, flavourful and easy to prepare in just a few simple steps. Perfect for a simple starter, for nibbling on over a glass or wine with friends or create a Spanish tapas feast.
- 250g Pimientos de Padrón from this week's Best in Season Selection
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a generous pinch Maldon sea salt flakes
Add to Cart
You can add all the main ingredients, if they are in stock, to your cart for an effortless way to re-produce this recipe.
- Wash the peppers in cold water and pat them dry.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and leave to get smoking hot.
- Add the peppers into the pan and cover with a lid. Shake them over the heat for 4-5 minutes until their skins start to blister and turn brown.
- The peppers should be slightly wilted, but still be a little al dente.
- Remove from the heat and place onto kitchen paper to drain briefly, then transfer onto a plate and sprinkle generously with Maldon sea salt flakes.