SMOKEY HARISSA CAULIFLOWER STEAKS
Charred cauliflower ‘steaks’ are a flavourful meat-free alternative.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large head of cauliflower
1 tbsp Belazu Rose Harissa Paste from the Belazu collection
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
30g parsley, chopped
Good pinch Maldon Sea Salt
Juice of a lemon
- Remove the tough outer leaves from the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower lengthways into 4 equal steaks – these should be around 3-4 cms thick.
- Mix the olive oil, Harissa paste, chopped garlic, salt and parsley together.
- Using a pastry brush coat the cauliflower steaks well on both sides, cover and place into the fridge to marinade overnight – Keep the remaining marinade for brushing once cooking.
- Once the barbecue is hot, gently cook the cauliflower steaks for about 5-6 mins on each side until soft and nicely charred, brushing with any leftover marinade as you turn.
- While they are warm, add a squeeze of lemon juice and top with toasted almonds.